Here are some frequently asked questions about our services. Please review before placing your order. We are more than happy to answer any other questions you may have when ordering custom orders and custom cakes.
Do You have a catalogue with different designs?
- All of our cakes are custom made so no catalogue is avail.
- Website is a good place to get a feel for the types of cakes we do
- We are always evolving with our designs
- There is no room for mediocrity at Classic Cakes and Confections. We employ what’s classic with innovations and creativity- executing the finest cakes
- Showroom has seasonal examples for you to look at
- Constantly updating our Facebook page
What are your prices?
- Wedding Cakes – Our “classic line” cakes start from $7 per serving and our minimum servings is 60 servings
- Special Occasion Cakes – Our fully custom cakes start from $10 per serving and we have a minumum order at $250
- Novelty and sculpted cakes are quoted as designed and start from $550
- We try very hard to work with your budget and always present you with many different options
When should I book my cake?
- As much advance notice is appreciated
- We cannot guarantee availability or price till a contract is signed
- It is not unheard of to book a wedding cake 6 to 12 months in advance.
- We always try our hardest to accommodate last minute requests.
Can I purchase custom made edible decorations from you for our cake?
- We don’t sell our edible flowers or sugar decorations separately from our cakes.
- They are very time consuming to make and are too fragile to ship
When can I come in for a consultation and tasting?
- We try to accommodate your schedule.
- We offer appointments during regular business hours, Monday thru Thursday, 10am to 6pm. Unfortunately, during season we are almost always in production or on location on the weekends so we do not schedule appointments Fri, Sat or Sun.
- Consultations last about an hour, and when combined with a tasting usually take about an hour and a half.
- Consultations are free of charge.
- Tastings are available for cakes over 60 servings and cost $45. For cakes serving 80 and up – the tasting fee is credited towards the price of the cake when the contract is signed. ( Tasting cancelation policy – full refund 48 hours prior the tasting appointment, no refunds less then 48 hours.)
Can you ship your cakes?
- Unfortunately, due to the fragile nature of these types of cakes we do not ship. We do however deliver to most of the Southwestern US by refrigerated van. Long distance delivery is extremely complicated and can be quite costly.
Do you do other types of cakes?
- We offer everything from delicious and decadent dinner style cakes filled with buttercreams, mousses and ganaches, to birthdays, mitzvahs, Quinceañeras, baby showers, bridal showers, and everything in between.
What celebrities have you done cakes for?
- We have done cakes for many celebrities over the years but don’t like to name drop. We treat everyone with the same respect and level of privacy. When you come to visit us you might want to take a look at our wall of fame though.
What resorts and venues do you do cakes for?
- Arizona Biltmore
- The Sanctuary
- The Phoenician
- The W Scottsdale
- El Chorro
- The Montelucia
- Royal Palms
- DC Ranch
- The Hermosa Inn
Do you offer cake plateaus for rent?
- Yes. We have several to choose from. Please inquire directly as we are always adding to our inventory. Everything from classic silver to rhinestone is avail.
Do you offer custom cake toppers?
Yes. We offer custom Swarovski rhinestone monograms